Welcome to the West Virginia Criminal Justice Educator's Association (WVCJEA) Website. The WVCJEA began in 1992 to help promote the exchange of educational ideas and coursework among the Institutions of Higher Learning and Criminal Justice Training entities in West Virginia.
- To promote the communication between members and dissemination of information of interest among members, other professional organizations, and agencies of the criminal justice system within the State of West Virginia.
- To develop an overall philosophy and standards of quality education in criminal justice.
- To encourage planning and research in the criminal justice system.
- To establish a vehicle capable of providing technical assistance and evaluative services to agencies of the criminal justice system.
- To encourage ethical standards among students, professionals, and educators of criminal justice.
- Membership shall not be based on race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or emotional disability.
- Regular membership shall be open to those employed by an accredited institution of higher education, persons affiliated with criminal justice training programs or related educational programs, or any other persons who support the purposes of this organization.
- Student membership shall be open to those individuals pursuing academic endeavors in an accredited institution of higher education in the area of criminal justice.
- Associate membership shall be open to all other persons who support the purposes of this organization but are not covered in B or C.
- Institutional membership shall be open to all businesses, agencies, and institutions which support the purposes of this organization.
- Only regular members in good standing shall be eligible to hold office vote.